Arida Orange Youth Hostel
Welcome to Arida YH!
A lovely converted farmhouse, right by the beach and located in the village famous for mandarin oranges!
Manager of Arida Orange Youth Hostel
Rooms and Facilities
Dinner and breakfast (optional)
Japanese and western style rooms
- PC may be used for free
- Laundry facilities (¥ 100 each for washing machine and dryer)
- Common room open until 23:00
- Japanese bath (ofuro) and shower
- Body soap
- Hair dryer
- Yukata (¥ 200)
- Microwave oven
- Water cooler
- Bed light
- Feather quilt
- TV set
Stay charge per guest per night
Check-infrom 16:00 until 21:30
Map and DirectionsArida Orange Youth Hostel
809 Sumara, Yuasa-chou
By train via Japanese Railways (JR) lines:
Get off at Yuasa station (湯浅駅), then go directly to the youth hostel by foot (30 minutes/6 kilometers) or by taxi (6 minutes).
Travel time from Tennoji station (天王寺駅, in Osaka-city): 70 minutes by limited express or 110 minutes by express train
Travel time from Kansai airport: 60 minutes by limited express train
There are pamphlets available at JR Yuasa station which include a map and other useful information.
By car:The nearest highway exit is Arida IC (有田インターチェンジ) on the Hanwa Expressway (阪和自動車道). It takes about 60 minutes to get there from Matsubara IC, and another 10 minutes to reach the youth hostel from the exit (about 6 kilometers).
What you can find and do near the hostel:
- Beaches full of natural beauty
- Strolling along the beach and fishing in the sea (only 1 minute on foot/about 50 meters to the seashore)
- Walking and cycling (seaside course & orange orchard hiking course)
- Hot springs (we have some near the hostel, so you can drive there)
- Sightseeing in Yuasa, the birthplace of soy sauce with a long history and many old buildings. Please ask for a map in the hostel.
- Pick as many tangerines and oranges as you can eat (admission fee ¥ 500 per person)
- Pick sanbokan oranges in the orange orchard belonging to the hostel
- A great atmosphere of staying as a group in the hostel
- Play badminton and tennis with other travellers